Monday, March 23, 2009

Kahlil Gibran


About a year ago I found a copy of The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran on an empty shelf. I read it on the L train going from my old apartment to school in about 20 minutes and it was the most I've ever learned from any subway ride. I don't know when the edition I have was made, but I know Gibran did all the illustrations on the inside and the one on the cover. I want the engraving on the cover engraved on my skin.

------
I've been feeling low lately for trying new things and messing them up, and overexposing film. The next few days I'll be in the computer lab, so expect some new photos at least, even if they are shitty- like one of the dog below.

This is my old friend's dog. His name is Lucky.




Notes from notebooks;

2/09 I stopped being able to understand sarcasm. When did this happen, what have I missed?

8/08 I had two campers, they were brothers, named Jupiter and Mars Nguyen. They had another brother named Neptune who I never met. Someone told me their dad worked for NASA.

9/08 The sound of a room full of halogen light bulbs. Flipping all the switches at together.

3/09 Fat ringed fingers. He looks like a cat playing with an invisible string when he talks.